Controller at National Tropical Botanical Garden
Job posted on November 30, 2018
The National Tropical Botanical Garden has an immediate opening for a Full Time Controller, based in Kalaheo, HI.
This accounting professional will be responsible for the oversight of the organization’s day-to-day accounting operations and reporting activities as well as supervision of accounting staff for a complex non-profit with multiple departments and programs. As a direct report to the CFO, the ideal candidate will ensure that all of the organization’s financial information is accurate, timely, and appropriately communicated to the senior leadership. He/she will enforce internal controls, coordinate the annual audit and manage tax and grant compliance.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to NTBG’s mission
• Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5 plus years in progressively more responsible accounting roles
• Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounting for investments
• Experience in non-profit accounting with a track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, foundations and other grantors is a plus
• Technology savvy with experience including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office (particularly Word & Excel), Google Drive, use of the internet as a research tool, and ability to integrate technology in teaching and learning
• Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data to individuals at all levels
• Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Financial Edge a plus
How to Apply
Deadline to apply: Open until filled. First review of candidates early January 2019.
Application packet must include cover letter, resume and 2 letters of recommendation.
Apply in person or send application packet to:
National Tropical Botanical Garden
Attn: Human Resources
3530 Papalina Rd.
Kalaheo, HI 96741
Phone: (808) 332-7324 ext. 229
FAX: (808) 332-9765
January 15, 2019