Senior Accountant, Tax at Alexander & Baldwin
Job posted on July 3, 2019
Alexander & Baldwin is Hawaii’s premier real estate company where we’ve been creating special places and experiences for the people of Hawaii for nearly 150 years. To ensure we are in compliance with tax reporting as required by GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to take on the role of Senior Accountant, Tax. If you have a minimum of 4-5 years public accounting and/or corporate tax department experience including federal and state tax compliance and ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax reporting and familiarity with SOX controls and processes, we encourage you to apply today!
The Senior Accountant, Tax reports to the Senior Manager, Tax and will assist in the preparation of the Company’s income tax accounting and compliance requirements as follows:
1. Assisting with the preparation of tax reporting as required by GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements including:
a. collecting information to run quarterly and annual tax provision models;
b. maintaining the deferred tax inventories, book/tax differences, uncertain tax position (FIN 48) reserves, and supporting documentation;
c. performing account analysis, reconciliations, tax account roll-forward schedules;
d. preparing journal entries; and
e. preparing annual REIT income testing.
2. Assisting with the collection and review of information necessary for the preparation of Federal, State and local income tax compliance. Most tax returns are prepared by consultants but require review before filing.
3. Performing technical research and analysis of various tax issues related to the Company’s income tax treatment of items on its tax return, tax provisions, and prospective transactions.
4. Participating in the maintenance and documentation of internal controls over tax-related data analysis and computations and assist Internal Audit to ensure no control deficiencies exist.
5. Assisting in the resolution of federal and state tax audits, and contacting federal and state agencies to resolve issues related to notices.
6. Backing up the fixed asset accountant in maintaining fixed asset records for GAAP and tax purposes.
7. Identifying and suggesting tax process improvements to ensure efficient workflow.
8. Assisting with special projects and other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum of 4-5 years combined public accounting and/or corporate tax department experience including federal and state tax compliance and ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax reporting and familiarity with SOX controls and processes. The ability to research tax issues and thoroughly document tax analysis and conclusions in writing is also required. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, work independently and remain flexible in a demanding work environment. A master’s degree in tax and /or a CPA is preferred.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 2, 2019