Senior Investment and Fund Accountant at Hawaii Community Foundation
Job posted on July 8, 2019
Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of all HCF component fund activity including the review and processing of a high volume of electronic transactions and reconciliation of funds. Monitors and manages cash balances and cash flow activities of component funds. Prepares various internal and external accounting reports in support of other HCF work units and for internal control purposes. Provides analytical and operational support to other areas of the Finance Department as needed.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the timely review, processing and reconciliation of all component fund activity including:
o Transactions such as grants and other expenditures; deposits; on-line contributions; stock and other non-cash contributions and subsequent sales thereof; investment activity
o Electronic transactions received from and/or provided to other HCF interface systems (Raisers Edge and GrantEdge) as well as trustee banks and ensures that accounting records agree with interface systems.
o Monthly account and fund reconciliation.
• Reconcile and monitor investment accounts, including investment pools and allocate activity to individual funds.
• Responsible for cash management of funds to ensure adequate funding for grants; initiate movement of funds.
• Responsible for the annual payout calculations and execution of the quarterly distributions to income balances and proper accounting in the fund record.
• Responsible for the calculation and execution of the administrative fees on funds and the proper accounting in the fund record.
• Prepares monthly and or quarterly investment performance reports for use by management and or the Investment Sub-Committee.
• Prepares on-line quarterly reports of fund activity for donors and responds to inquiries from HCF staff or donors as needed.
• Responsible for the review, revision and implementation of procedures to ensure accuracy and sound internal controls.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports for other HCF work units such as various fund budgets, grant expense listings, scholarship listings.
• Provides accounting analytical and operational support to the Finance Department, including:
o preparation of annual audit and Form 990 schedules;
o assistance in special projects and during times of heavy workload in other areas
• Delivers excellent service to all clients (internal and external) and exceeds HCF’s service standard expectations whenever possible.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all clients and gains their trust and respect of HCF.
How to Apply
Applications are accepted via the Hawaii Community Foundation website