GASB Basic Financial Statements for State and Local Governments
Build an understanding of GASB 34 and receive an update of GASB-related pronouncements, exposure drafts, and future agenda items.
The impact of GASB Statement No. 34, Basic Financial Statements—and Management's Discussion and Analysis—for State and Local Governments continues to reverberate in California.
Review concepts from a California Special District's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, such as basic financial statement formats, reconciliation of government-wide financial statements to the fund's financial statements and note disclosures and infrastructure capital assets.
In addition, study the new GASB Pension and OPEB Standards in an exercise using actuarial accounting valuations and the resulting note disclosures.
- GASB 63 and 65, Financial Reporting of Deferred Outflows of Resources, Deferred Inflows of Resources, and Net Position and Items Previously Reported as Assets and Liabilities
- COSO for Smaller Entities and Governments
- GASB 34
- Survey of California cities and counties
- New GASB Pension and OPEB Standards up to GASB 87
- Identify basic GASB;financial statements.
- Determine key technical elements, as well as analytical and statistical metrics.
- Recognize accounting, financial reporting and disclosure issues.
- Identify GASB pronouncements, exposure drafts and future agenda items.
- Determine internal controls for government and audit risk assessments using a risk-based audit approach with the COSO framework.
- Identify and review the new Pension and OPEB Standards including GASB Statement No. 68.
- Identify the components of a California Special District's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
CPAs, governmental accountants and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.