COSO: ERM for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
Learn how to apply COSO's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process in a Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) environment.
Also, learn how to identify whether a business is ready for ERM and review ten ERM-related action items to implement right away.
Enterprise risk management initiatives continue to mature in many large public companies, as well as nonpublic enterprises. Still, most nonpublic firms do not have the time, financial resources or personnel to fully implement ERM—even though a partial ERM implementation can serve as the first line of defense against fraud and as a catalyst for more profitable operations.
This course covers fundamentals and provides an overview of software and other related resources.
Formerly titled: Enterprise Risk Management for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs): Opportunities Overlooked!
- Enterprise risk management fundamentals
- Importance of ERM
- Benefits and challenges of implementing ERM
- ERM fundamentals in the SME implementation
- Recognize how to apply ERM fundamentals to the SME environment.
- Determine how to apply COSO's ERM process in an SME environment.
- Identify how a partial ERM implementation can help prevent fraud in your firm.
- Recognize how ERM can increase your operation's efficiency and profitability.
- Identify 10 ERM-related action to implement.
- Determine how to develop an ERM risk inventory and use ERM as a fraud identification tool.
- Identify your organization's readiness for ERM.
- Identify ERM-related software and other online resources.
CPAs and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.