Tax Practitioner's Guide to Accounting and Reporting Issues
Review tax returns and tax basis financial statements by comparing similarities or differences while understanding disclosure requirements.Explore and address frequently encountered reporting and performance issues by tax practitioners.
- Highlights new and troublesome issues for those tax practitioners issuing compilation and review reports
- Examination of book versus tax differences
- Changes needed to the body of the statements when tax basis financials are presented
- Tax basis financials—what disclosures are really necessary
- Problems and issues in compilations and reviews, including an update of SSARS 21-23
- Overview of recent relevant accounting standards updates
- Standards for tax and consulting services
- Identify differences between GAAP requirements and the tax return.
- Recognize problems in performance and documenting of preparations, compilations and reviews.
- Apply accounting standards and appropriate disclosures.
Accountants, financial professionals and tax practitioners.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.