California Frauds, Scams and Scandals
Promising large returns with seemingly no risk, high-yielding investment scams have raised millions of dollars from unsuspecting investors while delivered nothing in return. Learn the latest regarding recycled scams that are updated continuously.
Additionally, cover emerging e-fraud variations and how to prevent and report them to protect your investments and your clients' interests.
- Pyramid schemes
- High-yield investment schemes
- California reporting mechanisms and fraud landscape
- Scam alert
- Identify why clients fall for pyramid schemes.
- Determine common induction techniques for scams.
- Determine resources for data on California state and local governmental fraud.
- Recognize how to protect your clients from scams.
CPAs and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.