Financial and Tax Planning for Divorce: Identifying Pitfalls and Developing Practical Solutions
Divorce can be messy. CPAs need to know how to assist clients by protecting them financially. Learn to navigate the emotionally charged and financially complex issues that surround divorce.
Discuss the exposures a client could face and identify pitfalls. Plus, develop solutions that can be used to address existing and future tax and financial planning weaknesses.
- The divorce process: before, during and after
- Potential exposures and getting prepared
- Minimizing damage
- Protecting the client
- Financial planning, tax and retirement issues
- Valuation afterwards
- After the divorce: Next stage of life - developing a realistic gameplan
- Identify strategies to minimize the damage created by the financial effects of divorce.
- Identify the potential exposures that result from the divorce process.
- Determine ways to pay for divorce.
- Determine which assets to keep
- Determine the financial aspects of alimony and child support.
- Determine how to incorporate sound investment strategies relating to divorce.
CPAs, financial professionals and tax practitioners.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.