Business Writing Series: Planning and Organizing Your Writing
Effectively structuring messages is as important as writing them well. Learn the purposes of business documents, discover the two secrets to target readers, and gain techniques for honing a point before writing begins.
The most critical writing decisions happen before writing begins. Knowing the purpose, analyzing the reader, and focusing points will determine whether or not information delivers the desired result. Also, discover three essential elements of a well-structured document that enable readers to understand and accept messaging.
- Business writing
- Planning writing projects
- Project management
- Identify the purpose of a sample document and of an upcoming document.
- Identify the point of a sample document and of an upcoming document.
- Identify the hot buttons and inner questions of your reader.
- Name three principles of effective organization.
Staff, managers and partners.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.