Business Writing Series: 10 Principles of Effective Email
Learn ten principles of writing effective emails, which include knowing when it is the right medium for the message, writing a smart subject line, remembering that emails are public documents and having an email strategy.
A single email can capsize a client relationship, trigger a lawsuit, or spark a profitable new business deal. Endless email checking drains productivity and ruins focus. Effectively managing and sensibly writing emails are core competencies because email is business writing. Participants will plan and write a subject line for a work email, adjust the tone of a sample document, and construct strategies to avoid email overload.
- Email management
- Email etiquette and tone
- Business writing
- Write a subject line for an email you need to write soon.
- Plan an email you need to write soon.
- Change the tone of a sample email.
- List strategies that will help you manage email more effectively.
- Identify issues of confidentiality and privacy when using email in business.
- Correct grammar errors in sample emails.
CPAs, financial professionals and staff.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.