Leases: Lessee (Topic 842-20)
This course, second of a three-part series, addresses the leases from the perspective of a lessee and concentrates on the new Topic 842, Leases.
Leasing is a popular form of capital investment for corporations, including everything from office space to equipment. The FASB has now released the Topic 842, Leases, a major rewrite of the leasing topic.
The effective date for nonpublic entities is annual reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2019. However, early application is permitted. Help your clients and companies be prepared for adoption before it becomes a last-minute effort.
- FASB ASC 842, Leases
- All recently released updates to ASC 842, Leases
- Identify short-term leases.
- Calculate initial measurement of ROU asset and lease liability.
- Calculate the subsequent measurement of both finance and operating leases.
- Describe the presentation of the leases in the financial statements.
CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.