CalCPA PFP Wealth Wednesdays: Hot Button Issues on Fiduciary and ERISA Plans
In April 2016, the Department of Labor released its much-anticipated regulations regarding conduct and obligations for advisors to ERISA plans. Learn how the evolving marketplace impacts responsibilities and liabilities.
The last several years have been watershed years in the Retirement Plan marketplace for many reasons. First came many significant class action lawsuits against America’s largest corporations for fiduciary breaches, the omission of a stable value fund option and so much more.
Attendees will learn some of the resources that are available in the marketplace to help protect you and your firm, identify considerations that are important to this evolving market and determine the what's in store with a new administration and how that may change in the coming year.
- Resources identifying the steps for fiduciary responsibilities for your and your clients’ benefit.
- Where we are today.
- Examining current outcomes.
- Where might we be headed.
- A sample snapshot of cases that impact this marketplace.
- What you should consider to protect you and your clients.
- An overview of the fiduciary handbooks.
- Where we should go as a nation.
- Discussion on CFP fiduciary obligations and changes.
- Current updates to Fiduciary Standards for Financial Planners.
- Identify the existing laws that will lead to a more successful retirement outcome.
- Identify key resources to ensure that key guideposts are met in fiduciary responsibilities.
- The Department of Labor Regulations impacting the ERISA marketplace, as well as IRAs.
- State run retirement plans
CPAs and business owners.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.