Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
Gain insights to the language and methodology of corporate finance, including the concepts of valuation, cost of capital, cash flow and standard investment metrics.
Topics will also cover net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR) and payback. This course will include several on-hands exercise to help attendees more fully understand each of these concepts and how they can be applied in determining a firm’s valuation and in its capital expenditure decisions.
- Cash flow
- Cost of Capital
- Investment Metrics
- Capital expenditure decisions
- Buy or lease decisions
- Determine how cash flow and standard accounting statements differ.
- Identify how cash flow and cost of capital determines an entity’s valuation.
- Recognize how standard investment metrics, such as net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR) and payback differ.
- Recognize how these standard investment metrics can be used to make capital expenditure decisions and the pitfalls of each.
<!--[if gte mso 9]>
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.