Motion Picture and Television Industry: Accounting & Auditing Overview
Shine the spotlight on audit, accounting and tax practices unique to the entertainment industry to understand how the various areas of entertainment accounting impact each other.
Cover topics from production budgeting to GAAP, to fraud, to profit participations and to entertainment tax updates. Receive the essential information to be the star of the financial show.
- Motion picture deal-making, production, and distribution process
- GAAP for motion pictures and television
- Taxes for motion picture and television
- Fraud impacting the motion picture and television industry
- Motion picture and television industry trends and challenges
- Identify the motion picture budgeting, production, and distribution process.
- Recognize the entertainment accounting and tax hot topics.
- Recognize studio participation reporting, including breakevens and key litigation impacting participations.
- Identify key fraud cases impacting the film and television industry.
CPAs and attorneys.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.