Tax Research Skills
Tax research skills are a critical component of a tax practitioner's professional arsenal. Enhance your ability to identify tax issues; locate and evaluate primary source authority; and communicate research results in writing.
Electronic tax research services and internet resources will be demonstrated to help you effectively perform your tax research.
- Primary and secondary sources of authority
- Research methodologies
- Online and electronic tax research services
- Evaluating and communicating tax research results
- Recognize differences between primary source authorities and their hierarchical weight.
- Determine and enhance your ability to analyze facts, identify tax issues and locate and evaluate primary source authority when using an electronic tax research service.
- Recall reasoning skills necessary in evaluating conflicting administrative (IRS) and judicial sources (court decisions).
- Identify how to reconcile or distinguish similar cases.
CPAs, enrolled agents, attorneys and tax professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.