Fundamentals Of 1031 Exchanges
This authoritative course covers critical aspects, common problem areas and strategies for successful 1031 exchanges. Examine Form 8824 preparation, replacement property adjusted basis computations, advanced 1031 strategies and more.
Additionally, study advanced 1031 exchange strategies such as reverse exchange, partners/TIC structures, and improvement exchanges (including "Bartell" parking arrangements).
Bring questions and be prepared to increase your expertise. Updated in 2018 for effects of 2017 tax reform act.
- Statutory framework for 1031 exchanges
- Business and investment property characterization
- Deferred exchange rules and techniques
- Exchange mathematics: boot, gain and basis
- Reporting for failed exchanges (over two tax periods)
- Improvement, reverse and non-safe harbor exchanges
- Partnership and TIC issues: IRC Sec. 761
- Recognize how to prepare IRS Form 8824.
- Determine 1031 exchange mathematics, including napkin test, boot and adjusted basis.
- Identify conceptual issues in 1031 exchanges.
- Outline advanced concepts, such as improvement exchanges, reverse exchanges, non-safe harbor exchanges and drop-and-swap.
- Determine ethics and client counseling issues.
- Identify how to evaluate and counsel clients about risk.
CPAs, attorneys, CFPs, enrolled agents, real estate and tax professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.