Everything You Need to Know About Trusts
Start with an overview of trust laws and general concepts, then dive into common structures and progress into advanced trust planning issues. New this year, receive extensive coverage of the use of trust protectors.
Learn advanced techniques related to income, gift and estate tax planning using trusts; succession planning; trust administration; special needs planning; and asset protection uses of most common trusts. Engage in a discussion that also covers various trusts and portability versus A-B and A-B-C trusts.
• Trust obstacles and pitfalls
• Revoking irrevocable trusts
• Trust protectors
• Succession planning, retirement planning and estate planning through trusts
• Special needs and Medi-Cal/Medicare planning
• Tax planning with trusts, including , GRATs, QPRTs, IDGTs, etc.
• Planning with A-B and A-B-C (QTIP) trusts
• Asset protection through domestic and foreign trusts
• Identify income tax, gift tax and estate tax aspects of various types of trusts.
• Determine requirements for a valid trust, selecting trustees, trustee discretion, distribution clauses and probate avoidance.
• Recognize how to avoid Proposition 13 reassessment.
• Recall estate planning and asset protection planning uses of different trusts.
• Identify advanced tax, estate, succession, retirement, special needs and asset protection planning using trusts.
• Recognize common obstacles and pitfalls, such as selection of trustee and property tax reassessment, and how to plan around them.
CPAs, attorneys and financial planners.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.