K2's Excel Best Practices
Master best practices in Excel to create, edit and audit spreadsheets. Learn security and collaboration techniques, while gaining critical skills for financial analysis and reporting.
Today’s best practices for Excel differ significantly from those used in the past. Learn the best ways to work with Excel spreadsheets in this “must see” CPE program. Course materials include relevant examples to enhance the learning experience. Participate in this program to help ensure that Excel is utilized to its fullest potential.
This course covers features found in Excel versions 2007 and newer.
- Spreadsheet design
- Excel’s Table feature
- Excel features
- Sharing and collaborating with others
- Defined Names in Excel
- Securing Excel data
- List critical spreadsheet design fundamentals.
- Identify techniques used to minimize data input errors.
- Utilize Excel’s Table feature as a foundational component of spreadsheets.
- Identify and implement three different techniques for consolidating data.
- Utilize various Excel features, such as Go To Special to solve specific spreadsheet issues.
- List and apply four techniques for sharing an Excel workbook and collaborating with others.
- Implement various techniques for auditing and error-checking Excel workbooks, including Trace Precedents, Trace Dependents, and Formula Auditing.
- Identify the advantages of working with Defined Names in Excel.
- List and apply six techniques for securing Excel data.
Business and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.