K2's Ransomware?"Reducing Your Risk
Ransomware continues to plague individuals and businesses across industries and represents one of the biggest security threats faced today. Yet, few are taking the steps necessary to reduce the risk associated with ransomware attacks. Learn how to implement an effective system of control to mitigate risks and to avoid becoming another victim of ransomware.
Imagine turning on your computer one day to find that all your data files have been encrypted, but a criminal holds the key necessary for you to regain access to and use of these files. This is the classic definition of ransomware, an attack that affects hundreds of thousands of computers each year. Learn the best practices for reducing the chances that your data is held hostage along with key recovery tactics in the event your preventive efforts fail.
- Ransomware infects an individual computer or a network
- Control methods to help reduce your risk
- Define “ransomware” and identify the risks it poses to you professionally and personally
- List the top methods by which ransomware infects an individual computer or a network
- Implement control methods to help reduce your risk of becoming another victim of ransomware
CPAs and financial professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.