Do you want a client to sign an engagement letter? Do you want the IRS to see things your way? When you write for results, you are writing to persuade. In this two-hour workshop, learn about the three major modes of persuasion (ethos, pathos, and logos) and how to harness them. Learn to target the “hot buttons” of your readers, choosing costs and benefits that will spur their readers to action. Additionally, master a classic way of writing introductions and begin to draft a persuasive document of your own.
- Persuasive writing
- Business writing
- Practice development
- Identify appeals to character, emotion, and logic in samples.
- Identify topics of emotional intensity to a reader of a document you are planning.
- Identify the inner questions of your reader.
- Apply the structure of Situation, Complication, Question, and Answer in composing an introduction
- Write the opening sentences of a persuasive document
Partners, managers and staff.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.