Combating Internal Fraud
Fraud in the workplace is not new; however, statistics show that internally actuated fraud schemes are increasing. Using case studies from real-world examples, review some of the adverse effects rampant fraud causes businesses today.
Fraud events are incredibly detrimental to organizations and are often long-lasting. Start by reviewing the many reasons fraud occurs; look at ways to detect internal fraud and explore control measures that help reduce fraud risk. Learn how invasive and damaging internal fraud can be and find ways to detect and thwart fraudulent activity.
- Understand why internal fraud occurs
- Review policies, procedures and control measures designed to fight fraud
- List reasons that employees and others that are internal to an organization choose to undertake fraudulent acts.
- Discuss the types of control measures that work best as entities strive to mitigate fraud risk.
- Understand specific internal control measures that can help to reduce fraud activities.
CPAs, accountants and financial professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.