An Overview of the COSO Internal Control Framework
The leading internal control framework businesses use is the one outlined by Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO). Examine the COSO framework's key elements and learn how the combination forms a stable internal control system.
This model, updated in 2013, defines internal control processes. This framework sets forth fundamental concepts that explain the importance of three categories of control objectives and defines five key components of Internal Control.
- COSO Model Components
- Understanding the importance of Control System Structure
- An Overview of Control Objectives and Types
- List the five key components of internal control
- Understand key internal control concepts, including the four types of internal control: preventive, detective, deterrent and compensating
- Explain how controls fit into the management structure of organizations
- Explain the importance of the control environment
Accounting and business professionals.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.