Accounting & Internal Controls for Nonprofits Workshop
To be determined if live or virtual
Nonprofit organizations have specialized reporting needs due to an inherent requirement for increased transparency. Layer that on top of uniques accounting nuances, and any accounting professional can feel out of their element when working with nonprofit organizations! This full day course will cover various aspects of accounting, financial reporting and internal controls for nonprofits. Geared towards accounting professionals working both within the nonprofit sector and advisors supporting the nonprofit industry.
- Accounting & auditing standards updates
- Revenue recognition
- Changes to fair value measurement
- Other standards in the pipeline
- Design and update nonprofit internal control frameworks, including best practices for policy & procedure documentation
- Review nonprofit financial management self-assessment tools
- Nonprofit financial sustainability check-up
- Working with boards of directors to ensure financial literacy exists at all levels within an organization
- Financial reporting interactive workshop
As with all of our courses, there will be ample opportunity for the attendees to ask their "real life" questions throughout the day.
Develop the ability to read and analyze the financial health of a non profit organization
- Acquire the knowledge to thoroughly utilize the financial reports of a non profit organization as both a management and marketing tool
- Identify threats to financial sustainability of a non profit organization
This session will be focused upon providing the nonprofit practitioner and nonprofit executive/financial personnel with guidance and valuable resources/tools to best ensure that they possess sufficient knowledge regarding the financial framework of their respective non profit organization.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by September 9, 2020.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by September 9, 2020.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.