Next Step Blockchain: Regulations & Trends CPAs Need to Know
This session will cover some of the emerging topics and trends driving change, innovation, and disruption in the blockchain/cryptocurrency ecosystem. Practitioners and accountants, working either in public practice or in industry, need to be aware of these topics moving forward.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- This session will take a deeper dive into what may be the hottest and most discussed topic in the accounting space since the internet; blockchain and blockchain applications. Moving beyond the introductions and overviews, this session drills down into what specific trends, news, and changes that are integrating blockchain into the mainstream financial system.
- Topics to be covered include, but are not limited to stablecoins, the lightning network, regulatory changes and updates driving change in the cryptocurrency space, and examples of how organizations are already using blockchain at the enterprise and commercial levels.
The learning objectives of this course will leave participants able to:
- Articulate how blockchain applications are driving change and innovation in accounting firms and other organizations.
- Explain how changing regulations, both at the state and federal level, are shifting the accounting conversation for practitioners and organizations.
- Analyze and examine how, as blockchain and cryptocurrency tools become increasingly mainstream, emerging issues such as cybersecurity, taxation, and data integrity will also evolve and change.
CPAs and accounting professionals across industry lines
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.