Avoiding Death by PowerPoint: Creating Better Presentations
We have all suffered through some awful PowerPoint presentations. When a speaker has hundreds of slides with hundreds of words on each slide, we wish we could just lie down and take a nap. This session will help prevent YOU from being that speaker.
Veteran speaker and presentation editor John L. Daly will show you the characteristics of good and bad presentations, walking you through a process to create a presentation that keeps your audience awake rather than retreating for another cup of strong, black coffee.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
- Choosing a PowerPoint template
- Set up the presentation template
- Using PowerPoints' less obvious capabilities
- Tell a story
- How to begin
- Less is more
- Make your presentation visually appealing
- Cropping and aligning objects
- Creating voiced presentations
- Getting the details right
Learn how to create engaging presentations.
Anyone who develops, edits or presents using PowerPoint
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.