Spring Tax Update with Steve Dilley
This program provides an update to the latest tax developments, rules and regulations affecting both business and individual taxpayers, including a review of the late 2019 SECURE Act.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- NEW legislative update on the SECURE Act (Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement)
- Latest update on the Disaster Act
- Recent legislative changes to the Extenders Act
- TCJA recent developments and updates
- 2020 tax rate schedule
- Flow-through entities deduction (Section 199A) reporting forms 8995 and 8995-A
- Qualified parking fringe benefits and new employer paid parking rules
- Deductible meals
- Non-deductible penalties and fines
- Depreciation update: Section 179 and 168(k)
- Repeal of ACA penalty
- Itemized deductions: taxes, excess estate and trusts
- Excess business losses
- Passive activity and hobby loss rules
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Implement practical strategies based on recent developments
- Identify and recall key compliance issues
- Identify and recall significant changes in tax forms
CPAs in public practice and industry seeking an update on the latest developments affecting individuals and businesses
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.