Emerging and Evolving Issues in Marijuana and Hemp/CBD
This session provides an overview of the regulated, legal side of the industry which now includes 15 states with recreational/adult use access and 28 states with medical access to marijuana and hemp. We will discuss the agricultural hemp industry and CBD products and formulations. The state of Colorado will be used as an example of how cannabis and hemp is regulated throughout the US. The course is designed to be useful for CPA practitioners desiring to provide or enhance the services within the cannabis and hemp niches.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- The growing acceptance of CBD products and formulations
- The historical background of the cannabis plant
- The evolution of laws and regulations related to marijuana and industrial hemp
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Gain an understanding of the sometimes extreme jurisdictional differences between states and municipalities in how access to recreational and medical marijuana is licensed and regulated
- Explore industry resources available to assist in staying knowledgeable in the sector
- Understand the criteria being used to award license rights, including a growing emphasis on social equities
- Inventory judicial and legislative initiatives that will impact the future of the industry Explore the expanding domestic and global footprint of cannabis and hemp
CPAs and Advisors to Marijuana and Hemp/CBD Operators and Management
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.