Eldercare Financial Scam Protection
Financial exploitation can come from many sources including family, caregivers or the outside. Ensure you are doing your part to protect older clients from financial scams by taking a comprehensive look at identity theft and suspicious activity reporting (SAR) so you know when to call adult protective services.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Exponential growth of aging population due to Baby Boomers
- Sources of scams and schemes perpetrated against older adults
- Methods to protect older adults from scams
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR)
- Flagging credit reports and bank accounts
- Conservatorships and Guardianships
- Where to report elder abuse
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Educate CPAs and Financial Advisors on scams against older adults and ways to protect clients
CPAs advising older adults or children of older adults
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.