Payroll Fraud: Detection and Prevention
Schemes that payroll managers and other employees, many times colluding, to "pay" themselves what they think they deserve.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
6 things you will learn in Payroll Fraud
- How to spot "ghost" employees
- Timecard falsification schemes
- Fraudulent commissions (usually with kickbacks)
- How payroll managers manipulate pay rates
- Red flags of payroll frauds
- Best practices to detect and prevent payroll fraud
At the conclusion of this presentation you will know:
- How to identify red flags of possible payroll fraud schemes
- Multiple detection methods
- Simple, cost effective, methods to strengthen payroll control
CEOs, CPAs, bankers, executives, internal auditors, payroll managers, HR managers, regulators, controllers, CFOs, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.