Ethics: Every Choice Has a Consequence
We have all made what we thought were `small' decisions that had a HUGE result. Gary Zeune, CPA will ask Gallagher how his `immaterial' choices sent him to prison.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Here are a few things you will learn from Gary and Chuck:
- Did Chuck's partners miss any red flags that he was stealing
- How 99% of CPAs rationalize illegal behavior
- Is your software installed ethically
- How "If I only knew now then what I know now" applies to you
- The risk of tax fraud from non-financial information
- How some socially acceptable behavior can be unethical for CPAs
- How a county water department was inadvertently unethical
- VW shows how easy it is to circumvent control systems
- How 7 city hall employees didn't use their rational brain
- Rationalizing is like wet cement
- Gallagher paid the money back, so was it unethical
- How the boss's behavior infects some other employees
- How Chuck used trust to continue his unethical behavior
- The 3 `legs' of your ethics stool
- How client controls at Chuck's firm would have stopped him
- Chuck was an ERISA specialist. How that affected his sentence.
What you will learn from this interview:
- How easy it is for ethical people to make unethical choices-and what to do about it.
- The impact of life's choices and how that affects your performance, both personally and professionally.
- Real-world practical examples of how to use ethics and integrity to create success in business and life.
CEOs, CPAs, bankers, executives, internal auditors, regulators, controllers, CFOs, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.