Yellow Book Standards for CPAs in Public Practice
*Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE credit*
The GAO's Yellow Book standards set a high bar for auditors of government programs. This short course focuses on the requirements of the Yellow Book that challenge CPAs in public practice including the CPE, independence, and reporting requirements.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Requirements of the Yellow Book applicable to financial audits and the single audit
- Unique requirements of the GAO's Yellow Book that go beyond AICPA standards
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Select the standards that apply to your engagement
- Differentiate between types of engagements per the standards
- Label reportable conditions as abuse, waste, fraud, non-compliance, and an internal control weakness
- Identify the elements of a finding
- Apply the independence standards to your team and engagements
Auditors in public practice
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.