[WEB] Financial Statement Fraud
Instances of financial statement fraud have occurred ever since the first financial statements were prepared. Financial statement fraud poses a significant threat to all businesses regardless of size. In this program, we will discuss fraud, the Fraud Triangle, who commits fraud, fraud red flags and motivations to commit fraud activities, COSO internal controls, and selected financial statement fraud case studies.
- Overview of financial statement fraud
- COSO and COSO Principle 8 concerning fraud
- Fraud Triangle
- Fraud classification
- Identifying red flags of financial statement fraud
- Financial statement fraud and who commits it
- Selected financial statement fraud activities (cases)
- Define fraud in the context of financial statement fraud
- Describe financial statement frauds and how they occur
- Recognize both soft and hard indicators of fraud
- Identify red flags of financial statement fraud
- Identify who commits financial statement fraud and the incentives motivating them to do so
- Recognize the most common financial statement fraud activities through selective case analysis
Accountants and finance professionals in industry and public practice.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by July 25, 2022.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by July 25, 2022.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.