Fiduciary Tax Workshop
After completing this course the participant will be able to:
* Describe filing requirements, estimated tax payments, adoption of taxable years, and extension requests for Form 1041.
* Evaluate the 663(b) election and which expenses are subject to 2% AGI.
* Calculate taxable income and tax liability for a simple trust, a complex trust, and an estate, including fiduciary accounting income and DNI.
* Apply the 3.8% Medicare tax on net investment income to an estate or trust.
* Explain the difference between Tier 1 and Tier 2 beneficiaries.
* Determine the tax effect of distributions of property, including the 643(e)(3) election.
* Recognize common items that are income in respect of a decedent.
* Describe the basic requirements for a distribution of cash or property to qualify as a gift or bequest.
* Prepare a Form 1041 for a simple trust, a complex trust, and a decedents estate.
This course will enable participants to understand the principles of subchapter J and their relation to the Fiduciary Income Tax Return (Form 1041). Upon completion, participants will be able to prepare a Form 1041, understand Schedule B, and feel confident that the return has been prepared correctly.
Registration for this course has passed.
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by October 11, 2017.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by October 11, 2017.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.
Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Neighbor Island members in good standing
Associate Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Associate Neighbor Island members in good standing
CPE ChoiceLearn more about CPE Choice.
|CPE Choice Fee||$240.00|