Partnership & LLC Tax Workshop (Advanced)
This one-day course exposes the participant to more difficult tax partnership issues that are not routinely encountered in preparing an easier Form 1065.
- Describe the tax effect of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on the partnership rules
- Describe the tax effects of a termination and transactions between a partner and a tax partnership
- Explain the rules that apply to sale of an interest in a partnership, including unrealized receivables, inventory, and the 754 election, and differentiate between inside and outside basis
- Describe the tax effects of current distributions, including reporting problems on Schedule K and Schedule K-1, and the 754 election, and distributions of marketable securities
- Describe the tax effects of a liquidating distribution, including reporting problems on Schedule K and Schedule K-1, and the 754 election
- Apply the 3.8% Medicare tax to gains and losses from a sale or exchange of an interest in a partnership, as well as to current and liquidating distributions
- Identify disproportionate distributions under 751(b)
- Describe the tax effects of withdrawing from the partnership, including cross-purchase agreements and payments for a retiring partners interest in stated and unstated partnership goodwill
- Identify the tax problems associated with death of a partner, including income in respect of a decedent and self-employment tax, as well as the different tax effects of a cross-purchase agreement, having the estate succeed to the deceased partners interest, or requiring the partnership to redeem the deceased partners interest
- Summarize the different types of special allocations under 704(b)(2), reverse 704(c) allocations, and the allocation of recourse and nonrecourse debt of a partnership and LLC, and differentiate between a waterfall provision and a targeted allocation
Early Registration Member Fee
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing and register by October 11, 2018.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Early Registration Non-Member Fee
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA and register by October 11, 2018.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.
Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Neighbor Island members in good standing
Associate Neighbor Island Discount
Applicable for Associate Neighbor Island members in good standing
CPE ChoiceLearn more about CPE Choice.
|CPE Choice Fee||$240.00|