Surgent's Comparing and Contrasting Retirement Plans for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses (CCSM)
Clients often ask their tax advisors whether they have the "best" pension plan and whether they are using it to its maximum advantage. This program is designed to help tax practitioners answer this often-asked question intelligently as it explains how the various pension plans that are currently available work and analyzes why a small or medium-sized business owner would choose one plan rather than another.
- Factors business owners should take into account when choosing a retirement plan
- SIMPLE Plans
- Simplified Employee Pension Plans
- 401(k) plans
- Defined benefit plans
- Ensuring eligible employees are covered
- Employees’ impact on choice of plan
- Ongoing compliance requirements
- Tax filing requirements
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the major pension-planning options for small- and medium-sized business owners
- Help clients evaluate pension plan options and select the best pension-planning option for them
Any tax practitioner who will advise a business owner about selecting a pension plan for his or her business
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.