Surgent's Understanding the High Stakes Mega Issues in A&A Today (IAA4)
With the recent release of a series of high-impact new accounting standards, the impact of these pronouncements will take center stage over the next few years. In addition to new accounting guidance, these standards have the potential to change how companies do business. In this course, we will explore the accounting and operational impact of recent FASB activity, including standards on revenue, leases, financial instruments, consolidation and other hot topics, as well as consider the impact of emerging technology trends on the accounting function. One of the best ways to add value as an accountant is to be in front of the pack with the best knowledge and insights. This course is designed to give you the latest information on these mega issues in accounting so you can be a true business advisor.
- Accounting and operational impacts of adopting Topic 606
- Accounting and operational impacts of adopting ASU No. 2016-02
- Accounting for the added income statement volatility resulting from recent FASB ASUs on financial instruments and stock-based compensation
- Business impact on both large and small companies of applying the FASB’s recent guidance on consolidations
- The accounting, business, and operational impact of other new or proposed ASUs
- Emerging issues impacting the accounting profession
- Understand and apply the FASB’s new revenue recognition standard, Topic 606
- Review the FASB’s new lease accounting guidance, ASU No. 2016-02
- Recall the financial statement impact of other recent accounting standards updates
- Comprehend the operational impact of recent and proposed accounting standards
Practicing CPAs and their staffs, both in public accounting and business and industry -- controllers, accountants, and other financial accounting personnel involved in financial statement preparation and review
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.