Surgent's Preparing Not-for-Profit Financial Statements Under ASU No. 2016-14 (ENFP)
ASU No. 2016-14, Presentation of Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Entities, is the most significant not-for-profit reporting standard in over 20 years and is now fully effective. To properly implement the new financial reporting model professionals must have a strong, working knowledge of the new requirements. Now is the time to obtain that knowledge! This course explains the new requirements, illustrates how the requirements manifest themselves in the financial statements, and clarifies key options that not-for-profits have in implementing the requirements. The course also examines other key changes affecting not-for-profits including the new revenue recognition and contribution requirements (which apply to 12/31/19 year-ends) and leases (which apply to 12/31/20 year-ends). The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format, including over 30 focused exercises to provide an enhanced working knowledge of not-for-profit accounting and reporting.
- Changes in the reporting of net assets and how they play out in the statement of financial position and the statement of activities
- How the reporting of functional and natural expense information has changed
- The new requirements related to providing liquidity and availability of financial assets information
- Changes to the statement of cash flows
- Core not-for-profit accounting requirements related to contributions, promises to give, contributed services, net assets, special events, the classification of expenses, and more
- How the new contribution and revenue recognition requirements affect not-for-profits (e.g., the accounting for grants and contracts)
- How the new lease requirements will affect not-for-profits
- Obtain a working knowledge of the new not-for-profit financial reporting requirements contained in ASU No. 2016-14
- Skillfully prepare a not-for-profit’s financial statements through superior knowledge of accounting and reporting requirements
- Effectively apply today’s core not-for-profit accounting requirements while also preparing for changes coming in the areas of contributions, revenue recognition, and leases
Not-for-profit industry professionals and auditors
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.