Surgent's Twenty Essential IRA Tips for Saving Taxes and Avoiding Penalties (IRAS)
Years of savings in an IRA or other tax deferred retirement account can be lost to avoidable income tax, IRS penalties and poor tax planning. In many cases, these costs can be avoided by following the provisions in the Internal Revenue Code, IRS regulations and other IRS guidance. These sources, however, are often very complex and can be easily overlooked or misunderstood. This webinar covers 20 tax saving tips that can help account owners avoid pitfalls that frequently cost them a great deal of money.
- One per 12 month rollover rule
- Rollover tips and traps
- Options for spousal beneficiaries
- Net unrealized appreciation
- Required minimum distributions
- Roth IRA conversions, recharacterizations and reconversions
- Pre-age 59 ½ distributions including Form 5329
- IRA beneficiary related issues and disclaimers
- Identify and address many commonly encountered issues associated with IRAs
Financial advisors, tax professionals, and individuals who support IRAs and employer plans (employees of financial institutions who answers questions about and handle transactions for IRAs and employer plans)
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.