Surgent's Advanced Concepts in SSARS 21 and Nonattest Services: Are You Certain You Are in Compliance? (SS21)
Practitioners that provide non-audit services must strike the right balance between complying with relevant professional and regulatory standards, providing value-added client service, and mitigating litigation and other practice management risks. This course contains many case studies to reinforce best practices for managing the accounting, reporting, and performance issues associated with the attest services of compilations and reviews where reports are issued, as well as the SSARS 21 preparation of financial statements service and other nonattest engagements.
- Navigating the impact of SSARS Nos. 21, 22, and 23 without risking noncompliance with professional and ethical requirements
- Preventing malpractice claims related to nonattest accounting services
- Identifying and safeguarding independence threats when issuing attest reports
- Establishing an understanding with the client regarding non-audit services
- Defining the varying levels of responsibility for accountants performing non-audit services
- Performing compilations and reviews effectively and efficiently, including nature and extent of documentation considerations
- Practice performing analytical review procedures appropriately, including developing proper advance expectations for review engagements
- Properly considering going concern, subsequent events, and other disclosure matters
- Common issues related to peer reviews, including recurring reporting problems
- Applying financial analysis best practices to help your clients better interpret their financial results
- Describe practice management risks associated with non-audit services
- Properly apply relevant professional standards and regulations for non-audit services to minimize litigation and peer review risk
- Leverage information obtained on engagements to enhance the quality of client service
- Be familiar with the numerous illustrations, examples, and exercises related to practical guidance to implement important key learning points
Anyone who performs or supervises non-audit engagements
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.