Controller at UHFCU
Job posted on September 9, 2019
Join a spirited, dynamic team with Hawai`i’s leading credit union as we make a difference in our community – providing financial value, exceptional service, and state-of-the-art convenience to our members. You can be a member of a talented, diverse and dedicated team. Founded in 1955 by a group of UH faculty members, the credit union has grown to over $600 million in assets and more than 29,000 members. We offer our members state-of-the-art banking and convenience.
This position is located in Honolulu at our Main Office. The Accounting Manager, reporting directly to the CFO, oversees financial and regulatory reporting, investment accounting, asset/liability modeling, liquidity monitoring, budgeting, and audit/exam preparation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Oversees the production of accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements while meeting established deadlines;
• Oversees the preparation of all regulatory reports and ensures that established deadlines are met;
• Ensures timely reconciliation of general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers;
• Develops and maintain financial and management reports;
• Oversees the documentation and accounting of investments;
• Assists auditors and examiners in their review of the credit union’s financial records;
• Oversees the Asset/Liability management process and its reporting; and
• Oversees the wire function and ensures that proper internal controls are in place.
Accounting Manager Qualifications:
• Three to five years recent experience in accounting/finance, as well as supervisory experience. Financial institution experience a plus.
• 4-year college degree in Accounting or related field
• Requirement: Must be very proficient in MS Office Suite.
In addition to competitive pay for the Accounting Manager position, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for our Full-Time staff members:
• 10 Federal Holidays Off
• Paid Time Off, Personal Holidays and Sick Leave
• Paid Employee Medical and Dental Insurance
• Premium Medical Plan Waiver option
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
• Flexible Spending Accounts: Pre-Tax Benefit
• Group Life Insurance, Long Term Care and Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Loan Discount
• Internal and External Professional Development Opportunities
• Subsidized cost of monthly bus pass
The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the Accounting Manager position, please fill out the application (PDF) located on our UHFCU.com website under Careers, and send along with your resume. The Credit Union does not provide a relocation package.
October 9, 2019