2016 Hawaii Foodbank Volunteers
It was a beautiful, hot and sunny morning on August 27th where 11 Y-CPAs volunteered to give back to the community at its annual Hawaii Foodbank CSFP Senior Food Box Packaging event. After a hearty breakfast provided by the HSCPA, volunteers gathered for instructions and formed various assembly lines. Thank you, Y-CPAs, for your service to the community!
Thank you Dori, Gordon, Kent, Marc, Darryl, Marie, Janet, Romelene, Jessica, Jill (missing: Donn)!
Y-CPAs at the Hawaii Foodbank
On May 3, 2014, twenty Y-CPA members volunteered their Saturday morning to sort through tons of items at the Hawaii Foodbank warehouse. They watched an instructional video on the proper sorting and salvaging of food and other products before 'going to work'. Thank you, Y-CPAs, for volunteering your time to this worthy project!
Group after breakfast . . . before 'work'
Group after 'work' . . . and still smiling!
HSCPA Scholarship Program
The HSCPA Scholarship program is administered through the Hawaii Community Foundation. Your one online application will provide you access to all scholarships administered through HCF. You will need to Search for Scholarships on the HCF website and select Accounting to view the criteria for the HSCPA scholarship. One application will make you eligible for multiple scholarships.
Uniform CPA Examination
HSCPA Uniform CPA Examination Scholarship
The HSCPA also provides scholarships for the Uniform CPA Examination (valued up to $1000). Deadline for submission is January 31. View criteria and apply using this form.
Must be a Hawaii resident currently attending an accredited Hawaii college or university
- Current or final cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Not be reimbursed for exam fees by an employer
- Must be majoring, or concentrating, in accounting and have completed an intermediate accounting course
- Complete Personal Essay
- School transcript
Eligibility (to redeem award):
- Candidate must be pre-approved to test by CPAES have a valid Notice to Schedule (NTS). Candidates receive an NTS after they apply to take an examination and are deemed eligible by the Hawaii state board of accountancy (through CPAES).
- Agree to sit for at least one part within six months of the date on the application approval letter from CPAES
- Provide proof of payment
- Candidate will be reimbursed subject to receiving above information and upon completion of all four parts of the exam
Note: Scholarships will only be given to individuals one time, but can be applied for by both first-time and re-examination candidates.
The AICPA offers a variety of scholarships at http://www.aicpa.org/becomeacpa/scholarships