Director of Finance and Administration at The Emergency Group, Inc.
Job posted on October 22, 2019
Key member of the management team responsible for the administration of a 40 physician medical group. Responsible for overseeing the revenue cycle process and team. Works with Operations Manager and Executive Director to create and administer programs, policies and procedures pertaining to employment and corporate administration. Oversees the general accounting and financial reporting functions and the financial services area including Billing, A/R, A/P and Payroll.
• Oversees the general accounting function, including maintenance of the general ledger, billing and accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
• Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Oversees revenue cycle (medical billing) team, process, vendors and technology.
• Analyzes business operations and makes recommendations for improvements.
• Prepare for and participate in key decision making forums such as board and shareholder meetings.
• Develop and manage dashboards and other reporting mechanisms for distribution to shareholders and/or other stakeholders.
• Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data. Provides financial training and education to physician-owners to assist them to clearly understand the financial condition of the company.
• Manages the organization’s cash flow and forecasting. Ensures that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements. Negotiate with the bank for lines of credit or other financial services, as required and appropriate.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
• Manages the acquisition of capital assets and ensures that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
• Assists in determining the company’s proper capital structure.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
• Oversees and leads the annual budgeting and planning process; administers and reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes and keeps senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Prepares all supporting information and arranges for audits and tax return preparation as required and appropriate.
• Ensures that the computer system operates as required and information security is maintained.
• Researches and advises in the selection of employee benefit providers including the 401(k) plan, life and other insurances.
• Shares responsibility with the Operations Manager in other business administrative areas such as Human Resources, Payer Contract Management and Facilities Maintenance.
• Liaise with the President, Executive Director, Finance Committee, Pension Committee and others as appropriate.
• Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a B.A./B.S., ideally with a MAC or MBA or related degree, and CPA
• 7-10 years of overall professional experience including staff supervision and management of P&L and Balance Sheet accounting as well as cash control, budgeting/forecasting and variance analysis
• Proficiency in Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with demonstrated ability in Excel-based financial modeling
• Prior auditing and payroll management experience helpful.
• Healthcare experience helpful.
• Ability to translate financial concepts to physician shareholders who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
• Possess the initiative and ability to work effectively within time constraints.
• A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
• Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
• A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
• Communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
How to Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.