Senior Management Accountant at University of Hawaii
Job posted on October 31, 2019
The University of Hawaii is seeking a qualified applicant to fill this full-time, permanent, general funded position in the Office of Research Services under the Vice President for Research and Innovation.
Official Title: Institutional Support (Fiscal Specialist)
Position Number: 0078838
Hiring Unit: VP Research and Innovation, Office of Research Services
Location: Manoa Campus
Salary : salary schedules and placement information
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with education and experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Exercises independent professional judgment in researching, analyzing, evaluating, and resolving complex extramural closeout and collection issues of considerable difficulty.
2. Designs, creates, and prepares financial and statistical reports. Analyzes financial and operational trends. Briefs management on significant issues and recommends alternate courses of action.
3. Manages award closeout including final collections, systems closeout, and record retention and destruction. Coordinates responses to audit inquiries.
4. Coordinates the fiscal year-end close for extramural accounts. Prepares cash to accrual journal entries and variance analyses.
5. Provides appropriate recommendations to Fiscal Administrators (FAs) and Principal Investigators (PIs) on interpretation of extramural policies and procedures.
6. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with ORS and OVPRI personnel, sponsors, FAs, PIs, and others to effectively and efficiently administer research accounting.
7. Assists with complex/special projects which may include rotational duties, responding to auditors, fiscal year–end processes, documentation of department procedures, and other.
8. Keeps abreast of current policies, procedures, regulations, directives, and statutory and sponsor-specific requirements.
9. Demonstrates initiative by studying and recommending actionable improvements to existing policies and practices in a positive and professional manner. Evaluates pros and cons of recommendations and their impact on other sections/departments. Communicates recommendations with diplomacy and tact.
10. Other duties as assigned
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration or related field and 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for accounting, management information systems, or business administration; or equivalent education/training or experience.
2. Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the area of accounting, management information systems, or business administration as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
3. Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with accounting, management information systems, or business administration.
4. Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
5. Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
6. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
7. Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
8. Demonstrated ability to independently resolve issues whenever possible by gathering all pertinent facts, considering alternatives, and exercising sound judgement.
9. Demonstrated ability to collaboratively engage others in problem solving and resolution.
10. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize assignments and complete high work volume accurately and in a timely manner. Can be relied on to follow up on and resolve outstanding items and meet multiple deadlines.
11. For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
12. Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
How to Apply
For complete job description and instructions on how to apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu.
Search on "0078838".