Vice President of Finance at Bishop & Company
Job posted on July 22, 2020
Bishop & Co. is seeking qualified candidates for a VP of Finance opportunity for an organization based in Hilo, Hawai'i.
Hilo, Hawai'i (Big Island) - VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE
Finance | Leadership | Accounting | Financial Strategy | Management | Financial Planning | Audits | Operations | Financial Analysis | Professional | Executive | Communication | Compliance | Auto Industry | Retail |
The VP of Finance is responsible to oversee all financial aspects of the business, including financial strategy, financial planning and analysis, financial reports, company audits & tax preparations, compliance & bank relationships.
- Collaborate with the President/CEO & the Executive Team making decisions regarding the organization & its affiliated companies’ financial strategy & operations.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting functions and processes.
- Oversee, supervise & assist the Senior Accountant and staff with complex general ledger bookkeeping and payroll matters.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and variance analysis.
- Oversee daily reconciliation of checking accounts.
- Prepare Short Term (30 day) cash flow projections.
- Prepare daily cash position report and submit to President/CEO.
- Prepare Long Term (1 year & 5 year) budget & cash flow projections.
- Responsible to coordinate all external and internal audits.
- Leads improvement projects related to ledger accounting, parts & service billings, general ledger and payroll processes.
- Utilizes information technology to manage and continually improve accounting processes and services. Initiate and participate in work projects with other Departments & Managers.
- Maintain a professional work environment where staff can develop to their full potential. Coordinate staff training and build teamwork.
- Lead cost-benefit analysis of outside vendors and suppliers for quality goods and services.
- Expert knowledge of the applicable operations systems that affect the specific accounting task.
- Manage the Company’s Matching Contribution 401K Plans.
- Manage the Company’s outside Insurance contracts (Medical/Dental, property, WC, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills. Demonstrates business acumen and ability to handle complex concepts.
- Demonstrates competency in financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Able to lead a team to accomplished desired team, department, and corporate goals.
- Technically proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office applications (especially Word Excel, Access), general ledger, payroll and accounts payable systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance required. CPA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 -10 years of recent, progressively more responsible experience in Finance & Accounting.
- Management and staff development experience required.
- Auto industry experience preferred, but not required (i.e. retail sales, auto sales dealerships, auto service, etc.)
** OUT OF STATE CANDIDATES: **
Please outline your professional and/or personal ties to Hawaii in your application/resume/cover letter and/or communication. Required
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.
Please forward resumes to:
Bishop & Company
(or Email: email@example.com)
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately.
***Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly online at: https://jobs.bishopco.net/jb/Vice-President-of-Finance-Jobs-in-Hilo-HI/5184726.
For any questions, contact Bishop & Company’s Director of Executive Search, Erinn Tomlinson, at email@example.com.