Assistant Controller at Prince Resorts Hawaii
Job posted on December 20, 2021
Primary Responsibilities: Manage the daily operwww.PrinceResortsHawaii.com/careerswww.PrinceResortsHawaii.com/careershttp://www.PrinceResortsHawaii.com/careerswww.PrinceResortsHawaii.com/careerswww.princeresortshawaii.com/careersations of the Accounting staff. Responsible for all accounting activities including account reconciliation, monitoring of operation systems, procedures, controls and compilation of monthly reports. Oversees day to day operations, responsible for staffing and job assignments, makes operational decisions impacting financial statements. Assists with annual budget preparation, financial analysis and forecasting and protection of company assets.
- Insure that daily operations are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Insure proper accounting controls are in place and all transactions, records, documentations and books are kept in accordance with FASB accounting rules.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial reports.
- Assist in preparing the annual operating and CIP budget for the department and the hotel.
- Oversee monthly financial closing and assist with the preparation of the monthly forecasting report.
- Responsible for the management of the general ledger; establish and reconcile accounts including bank statements and inter-company accounts.
- Create system reports as necessary.
- Work with corporate controller on all CIP and fixed asset accounts.
- Oversee all audits; direct resources to provide necessary reports and information required for quarterly and mid-year reviews and annual tax audits.
- Coordinates accounting department participation in resort sponsored events.
- Attend hotel manager’s meetings.
- Assist all departments with operating concerns and procedures relating to accounting.
- Review, verify and approve department payroll.
- Manage department following company policies and procedures.
- Prepare cash forecasts and cash flow reports to insure adequate funds are available to meet financial obligations.
- Work with other corporate entities; coordinate compilation of data for special reports.
- Prepare monthly cost of sales reports and oversee quarterly inventory counts.
- Review pertinent Special Requests and process as required.
- Attend accounting department meetings.
- Assist in updating company policies and procedures.
- Normal office conditions
- Occasional off island travel
- Must be able to work normal office hours.
- Must be able to work additional hours if needed to complete daily assignments or additional tasks.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and with the resort’s word, spreadsheet, and accounting related software.
- Ability to use telephone
- Ability to use various office equipment including but not limited to calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines is met.
- Able to manage stressful and confrontational situations.
- Observant of employees in the workplace, evaluate their performance and productivity, determine areas of concern, training needs and ability to advance in the resort.
- Sits at desk to perform most of the essential functions of the position; walks throughout the resort to meet with other department or attend scheduled meetings
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate financial information in written and verbal format to audiences with varying levels of comprehension in accounting.
- Ability to write manual, memos, policies and procedures.
- Ability to review contracts.
- Ability to do presentations in front of small groups
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Four years of relevant work experience with at least two years hotel/resort accounting and supervisory experience.
- Skills to effectively supervise and manage the department and meet goals.
- Ability to multi-task.
How to Apply
Please apply at www.PrinceResortsHawaii.com/careers.