Senior Accounting Analyst at Honsador Lumber
Job posted on December 27, 2021
The Senior Accounting Analyst works directly with the Corporate Controller in preparing and reporting financial statements conforming to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze monthly financial results to identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
• Conducts general ledger account reconciliation and analysis. Investigate and resolve any account discrepancies and issues of non-compliance.
• Assist with ensuring company's ERP processing systems and transactions are posted accurately.
• Analyze and describe balance sheet and operating expense fluctuations.
• Analyze and review journal entries and account reconciliations for accuracy.
• Assist with the preparation of financial statements and report variances.
• Perform internal audits and financial risk assessments, as well as facilitate intervention strategies.
• Assist with developing and documenting internal control policies and procedures.
• Oversee and perform analysis for designated partners and functional areas during the Company's budget and forecast cycles, highlighting drivers behind variances and risks to forward looking expectations
• Evaluate opportunities to drive operating efficiencies and/or cost savings across the company
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
• Other accounting duties as may be required.
• Certified Public Accountant designation.
• 4+ years of progressively responsible experience for a mid-size or larger Corporation.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
• Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software.
• High level of written and oral communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and industry regulations.
• Superb organizational and time management abilities.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
How to Apply
If you seek an exciting career in the building industry, please email your resume or apply in person at:
HONSADOR LUMBER HR OFFICE
91-291 Hanua Street, Kapolei HI 96707