Persuasive Writing 2023
Do you want a prospective client to sign an engagement letter? Do you want the IRS to see things your way? To have your manager approve your proposal for a new initiative? When you write for results, you are writing to persuade. In this fascinating workshop, you will learn the three major modes of persuasion (ethos, pathos, and logos) and how to harness them. You'll discover how to target the "hot buttons" of your readers, choosing costs and benefits that will spur them to action. Additionally, you'll master a classic way of finding a "hook" for your document and begin to draft a persuasive document of your own.
• Persuasive writing
• Business writing
• Practice development
• Identify appeals to character, emotion and logic in samples
• Identify topics of emotional intensity to a reader of a document you are planning
• Identify the inner questions of your reader
• Apply the structure of situation, complication, question and answer in composing an introduction
• Write the opening sentences of a persuasive document
Partners, managers, staff, CPAs, accountants, and other financial professionals looking to expand and update their writing skills.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.