Leases: Miscellaneous Topics 2023
This course, the last in a three-course series, concentrates on the remaining topics in ASC Topic 842, Leases, such as leasing from a lessor's perspective and disclosure and transition for both the lessor and lessee. The course also reviews and discusses note disclosures from several publicly traded companies across several industries. Attendees should be familiar with the content from the first course, Leases: Is It a Lease?, and the second course, Leases: Lessees.
• FASB ASC 842, Leases
• All recently released updates to ASC Topic 842, Leases
• Recognize the lease at commencement under sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases, from the perspective of a lessor
• Calculate the subsequent measurement under sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases, from the perspective of a lessor
• Describe the presentation of the leases in the financial statements
• Describe the transition requirements for both lessees and lessors
• Review excerpts from a selection of public companies' lease disclosures
CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.