Motion Picture and Television Industry: Accounting & Auditing Overview
Shine the spotlight on audit, accounting and tax practices unique to the entertainment industry to understand how the various areas of entertainment accounting impact each other.
Cover topics from production budgeting to GAAP to profit participations and to entertainment tax updates. Receive the essential information to be the star of the financial show.
- Deal-making, budgeting and production process
- Revenue distribution sources and expenses
- SC 926, GAAP for motion pictures and television
- New revenue recognition standards
- Entertainment industry trends and challenges
- Identify the motion picture budgeting and production process.
- Determine capitalization and amortization of film costs: ASC 926, accounting by producers or distributors of films.
- Recognize IASB and FASB new converged standards for revenue recognition.
- Identify the components of motion picture distribution, including revenue and expenses.
- Be aware of entertainment tax hot topics.
- Get more familiar with studio breakevens for profit participation reporting.
CPAs and attorneys.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.