Real Estate Taxation
Take a look at significant real estate tax issues and concepts, including planning and compliance topics that emphasize tax elimination or deferral. Updated to cover the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
This course will take a closer look at 1031 exchanges; home sale exclusion (IRC Sec. 121); passive activities loss rules; estate planning and gifting with real estate; and foreclosures and short sale matters.
- Passive activities loss rules [IRC Sec. 469].
- Real estate professional rules [IRC Sec. 469(c)(7)].
- Interest expense deduction rules [IRC Sec. 163].
- Home sale exclusion [IRC Sec. 121].
- 1031 exchanges.
- Estate planning and gifting with real estate.
- California property taxation.
- Foreclosures and short sales.
- Cancellation of Debt Income [IRC Sec. 108].
- Identify important real estate tax and nontax issues.
- Determine important techniques for deferral, reduction or elimination of taxes related to real estate acquisition, operations or disposition.
- Identify key tax return disclosures, concepts and procedures.
CPAs, CFPs, enrolled agents and attorneys.
Registration for this course has passed.
Applicable if you are a HSCPA member in good standing.
Applicable if you are not a HSCPA member.